Akllapi Net - Forum i Hapur
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Njoftim i ambasadës shqiptare në Otawa

Shko poshtë

Njoftim i ambasadës shqiptare në Otawa Empty Njoftim i ambasadës shqiptare në Otawa

Mesazh nga Agim Gashi Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:39 am

]Njoftim i ambasadës shqiptare në Otawa

Dear Friends,

"1999" - a documentary by Valdet Sallihi and Ilir Lena

1999 will be remembered by Canadians for an extraordinary event: Canada was involved in the most recent large-scale refugee assistance effort.

Thousands of miles away, in Kosovo, in the Balkan Peninsula, according to an estimate by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, more than 860,000 Kosovo-Albanians were being driven out of their land by the Serbian armed forces in an apparent effort to cleanse Kosovo from its ethnic Albanians. A human tragedy of apocalyptic dimensions unfolded resulting in the largest refugee crisis since the 2nd World War.

Canada was among the first countries to offer assistance to Kosovo-Albanian refugees since their arrivals in the camps in Macedonia and Albania. Without any doubt, it was the latest illustration of Canadian generosity, compassion and leadership in international affairs; an astonishing story in a very dark moment of modern history.

Featuring footage from refugee camps and prominent interviewees, as well as a superb directing and music, this documentary is a breathtaking retrospective of the events of 1999 and recognition of the Canadian generosity.

You are kindly invited to join us on May 11, at 19.00, at Library & Rchives Canada.

Attached is the invitation.

Besnik Konci

Ambassador of Albania to Canada

KLIKONI KËTU PËR TË PARË POSTERIN
Agim Gashi
Agim Gashi
Administrator
Administrator

Numri i postimeve : 45955
Registration date : 17/11/2008

Mbrapsht në krye Shko poshtë

Mbrapsht në krye